The following are the preliminary steps in adopting one of our human companions. We have been adopting out animals for several years and find it necessary to ask specific questions in order to get a better insight into you and your family and to determine which pet would be best for all involved.
We don’t mean to insult anyone or invade anyone’s privacy, but judging from experience, these questions are necessary. If you choose not to answer any one of questions, please feel free to ask us about it and we will be more than happy to explain the necessity of that particular question.
1. Our adoption fee is between $175-$250 for dogs and $65 for cats. For your adoption fee, the pet will be spayed/neutered, fully vaccinated, tested (dogs over 6 months heartworm tested and cats FIV/Felv tested), and micro-chipped. All dogs have been temperament tested. We try to socialize cats and dogs together.
2. All of our pets are spayed/neutered. Please do not ask us for an un-altered pet.
3. We generally adopt in-state, sometimes out-of-state — we look at the particular circumstances. If travel is involved there may be extra fees to cover gas/travel.
4. Since we are foster-based (each animal is in a family setting) and do not have a facility, we require an application and reference checks first by our adoption team, then a meet and greet, and a home check. We do a 2 week trial adoption to see if the match is right !
If you have any questions, please email us : DesertPawsNM@live.com
Before you adopt videos, Introducing Pets videos, After you adopt videos:
- Click the link to see a variety of informative videos about pet adoption